Terms and ConditionsJuly 22, 2016 11:11 am
The term ‘Property Search Plus Limited (trading as Quantus)’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Bridge House, Orchard Lane, Great Glen, Leicester, LE8 9GJ. Our company registration number is 6003101. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Property Search Plus Limited]’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
Client Care Information:
It is important that you are aware of our terms of business and this document sets them out for you.
Standards of Service:
Quantus operates an overarching philosophy to provide solicitors and conveyancers throughout the UK with property searches. Our searches are competitively priced and supplied with a first class service, backed by our friendly customer care team for full before, during and after sales support and client care. We provide searches in a manner that suit you – we can supply your conveyancing searches to you via email, by fax or as postal hard copies. It is always our intention to provide you with a quality service which is fast, accurate and professional at all times. We will keep you informed of the progress of your order and return it to you as soon as we receive it. We are always on hand, either by telephone or email, to help with any queries you may have.
Quantus are members of COPSO and are registered with the Property Codes Compliance Board as a subscriber to the Search Code. In providing search reports and services Quantus will comply with the Search Code.
Our Fees and Charges:
Our fees for providing you with searches or other services will always be agreed with you at the outset. If we are required to make any increases to our charges we will always inform you in advance.
Payment and Interest:
Payment of our costs will be due within 14 days of our invoice being submitted to you. You may make payment to us by direct debit, cheque, credit/debit card, BACS, TT or CHAPS. We reserve the right to charge late payment fees of 15% on invoices which remain unpaid over 28 days.
Concerns About Service:
We are committed to providing a high quality service to all our clients. We follow the core principles of the Search Code, which includes handling complaints speedily and fairly. If you have reason to complain, please contact us with details and we will respond to you within 5 working days to acknowledge your concerns, and within 20 working days to hopefully resolve any issues. If you remain dissatisfied with our final response, you may refer your complaint to The Property Ombudsman Scheme (www.tpos.co.uk), Email: email@example.com. We will co-operate fully with the Ombudsman during an investigation and comply with his final decision.”
Professional Indemnity Insurance:
Quantus carries £2 million insurance cover for your added protection and peace of mind. This applies to every search ordered through us.
Company and VAT Number:
Our Company Number is 6003101 and our VAT number is 869 4394 61. Our registered office is The Oak Business Centre, 79-93 Ratcliffe Road, Sileby, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE12 7PU
Information received in relation to your business and/or clients will be treated as confidential. By your acceptance of our terms, you agree that we may disclose to other persons involved in providing our services and/or searches such information we consider necessary to enable us to do so. Subject to this we shall not disclose information to any other party without your consent unless required by law to do so.
External firms or organisations may conduct audit or quality checks on our Practice. These external firms or organisations are required to maintain confidentiality in relation to our clients.
We can give no guarantee regarding the confidentiality, security or otherwise of email or fax communications which we often use to speed the process.
We use the information you provide for the provision of our services in accordance with your instructions and for related purposes including updating and enhancing client records, analysis to help us manage our business, statutory returns, legal and regulatory compliance. Our use of that information is subject to your instructions; the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and our duty to observe confidentiality.
Our work on your behalf may require us to give information to third parties. You have the right of access under data protection legislation to the personal data we hold about you. We may send you information which we think may be of interest to you. Please notify our office if you do not wish to receive such information.
Equality and Diversity:
This firm is committed to promoting equality and diversity in all of its dealings with clients, third parties and employees, and is required to produce a written equality and diversity policy. Please contact us if you would like us to send you a copy of that policy.
Any dispute or legal issue arising from our terms of business will be determined by the law of England and Wales and considered exclusively by the English and Welsh courts.